Turnt & Burnt
- 1.5 oz high west dbl rye
- 1/2 oz laird applejack
- 0.25 oz Cointreau
- 0.25 oz Disarrono amaretto
- 0.25 oz simple syrup
- 2 sage leaves
- 1/2 smoked lemon
- 4 dash Bitters Lab Charred Cedar and Currant bitters
Muddle the two sage leaves with the high west to release flavor of the sage. Add remaining ingredients and stir over ice. Strain over large ice sphere and garnish with charred lemon peel and sage leaf.
The Grass Maven
- 1 part blueberry shrub*
- 1 part ginger beer
- 1/2 oz crème de cassis
- 3-4 dashes Bitters Lab, Charred Cedar + Currant bitters
Named after it's creator, this is a delightfully refreshing late summer cocktail!
Combine blueberry shrub, ginger beer & crème de cassis in a glass filled with ice. Add bitters & garnish with mint sprig.
Here is a great recipe for a blueberry shrub, as these can be hard to find. It's easy to make your own.
Created by Emily, the GrassMaven
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes Bitters Lab, Charred Cedar & Currant Bitters
- Luxardo cherry for garnish
In a large glass filled with ice, add rye, vermouth & bitters, stir. Strain into a chilled martini glass & garnish with a Luxardo cherry or orange twist.
Smoke & Spice Bar Nuts
- 1 pound raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably local!)
- 8 dashes Bitters Lab Charred Cedar & Currant Bitters
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary (dried also works well)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt (like Maldon)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a sheet pan with a sheet of parchment paper, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, toss the almonds with the olive oil, honey and bitters until well coated and shiny. In a separate small bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and stir well. Sprinkle the dry mix over the coated almonds, folding and stirring to coat the almonds evenly.
Turn the coated almonds out onto the lined sheet pan and spread into a single layer; place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 mins, stirring and rotating every 10 minutes. Remove the almonds from the oven and stir once more to break up any clusters; allow to cool completely (about 1 hour). Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.